Speed of matrix multiplication

From: Yip Fai
Subject: Speed of matrix multiplication
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:44:59 +0800

Hi,
How can I increase the speed of matrix multiplication? Comparison of
inverse operation and the multiplication shows that inverse operation
used 46s and the multiplication operation used 79s. Both of the test is
work on a 1000x1000 matrix. Following is the script I tried.

function testtt(a)

tic
b =inv(a);
toc
tic
c = a*b;
toc
endfunction

Where a is produced by a=rand(1000,1000). Matlab can finished the
operations within 6~8 sec. The multiplication operation time is too long
for my project. Is there any method to impove it?

You are very appreciated for your help

Ken