Octave to "C"

From: Frederik Barth
Subject: Octave to "C"
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 15:08:52 +0100

Hello,

I am new to Octave and this list, but thought you might be able to help.

My interest in Octave is due to the need to convert a few Matlab
programs (for ICA and correlation dimension estimation) to "C" code,
without having the means to acquire Matlab. As I understand, Octave is
Matlab compatible.

I have succeeded with installing Octave on my Windows98 PC, but have
no experience with UNIX.

Now I would like to know:

- How can I run a Matlab program in Octave?
- Are there any tools or information available to convert from
  Octave to "C"-code?

Thanks very much,

    Frederik Barth