dynamic link questions

From: Andy Adler
Subject: dynamic link questions
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 11:28:12 -0500 (EST)

hi,

I'm in the process of writing a first stab at a sparse matrix
library for octave, based on the SuperLU sparse library.
Many of the fuctions are working, and I'll be posting my version 0.1
later this month.

I have a function  x= spfun( a , "operation" , b )

where operation can be "solve"  to get a\b
                       "mul"    to get a*b
                       "el_mul" to get a.*b
                       "trans"  to get a'

I want spfun to give the right answer if you call it
with normal"full" matrices as well.

I figured that a\b is a.solve(b), a*b is a*b etc.

My question is

1. How do you get a .* b
                  a ./ b
   from within an *oct file ?

2. How do you sort a vector?
   The source has mx_sort and string.qsort in various places
   but I don't seem to be able to call them.

   I'm also not sure how I'd call the DLD function sort. I
   tried calling Fsort but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks for any help
Andy Adler      | American Biometric Company  | Tel:(613)736-5100x154
address@hidden | 3429 Hawthorne Rd,Ottawa,ON | Fax:(613)736-1348