Re: Need help on DLFs (dynamically linked functions)

From: Wonkoo Kim
Subject: Re: Need help on DLFs (dynamically linked functions)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 98 00:58:36 -0400

> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 98 14:35:08 +0200
> From: "Michael Hanke" <address@hidden>
>
> Have a look at my recently uploaded sample drivers for ode's in
> octaves source repository.
> Michael

This helped me quite a lot!  I successfully managed to convert my C
function to Octave DLF.  (Matwrap package was too complex for my
needs.)

Some quick questions:

(1) Should I define only one DLF (to be called from Octave) in a file?
    (I noticed that Octave failed to load a DLF if the DLF name was
     not matched with its .oct file name, like with .m files.)

(2) What's the difference between x(1,1) and x.elem(1,1)?
    Just additional bound checking for .elem?

(3) If I want to detect input vector type of either row or column
    vector, should I treat the input arg as matrix?  (I want to
    return a vector of the same type as an input vector.)

(4) In Hanke's code (RADAU5.cc), I see lines:
        octave_value_list retval;
    but retval was not assigned anywhere before "return retval;"
    lines.  Could you explain why?

Thanks.

// Wonkoo Kim (address@hidden)