need help for dynamically linked function

From: Wonkoo Kim
Subject: need help for dynamically linked function
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 98 17:43:12 -0400

I'm using Octave 2.0.13 for OS/2.

I want to manipulate my data matrix (images) with a special data
structure and matrix filters.  Since data matrices could be large,
I want to rewrite some of my C codes for Octave.  I'm not familiar
with adding C/C++ modules (dynamically linked functions) to Octave.
So I wanted to look at some example codes first:

I copied octave\dlfcn\examples\hello.cc to test_hello.cc, and it
was compiled successfully with make-octfile.cmd, and I got
test_hello.oct file.  However, I failed to run it from an Octave
session:

octave:1>test_hello ("easy as", 1, 2, 3)
error: DosLoadModule failed (rc = 123):
D:\math\octave\dlfcn\examples\test_hello.oct
bad: D:\MATH\OCTAVE\DLFCN\EXAMPLES\TEST_HELLO.OCT: D:/math/octave/dlfcn/examples
/test_hello.oct `FStest_hello__Fv'
error: DosLoadModule failed (rc = 123):
D:\math\octave\dlfcn\examples\test_hello.oct
bad: D:\MATH\OCTAVE\DLFCN\EXAMPLES\TEST_HELLO.OCT: D:/math/octave/dlfcn/examples
/test_hello.oct `_FStest_hello__Fv'
error: `test_hello' undefined near line 1 column 1
error: evaluating index expression near line 1, column 1
octave:1>

What did I miss?

If it matters, I got:
octave:1>x = octave_config_info; x.DEFS