wierd error

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: wierd error
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:55:46 -0400

I just upgraded to 2.0.13 and I get frequent floating point exceptions.  I can
get one anytime I issue the following three commands just after startup

Octave, version 2.0.13 (alphaev56-dec-osf4.0d).
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 John W. Eaton.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details, type `warranty'.

octave:1> multiplot(2,2)
octave:2> x = randn(100,1);
octave:3> y = randn(100,1);
error: floating point exception -- trying to return to prompt

octave:3>

Changing arguments to randn doesn't change anything.  This is not the only time
I get such exceptions but this is the only way I can get them predictably.

I suspect this is only a problem with DEC machines but can anyone verify this?

Heber K. Farnsworth             phone: (614) 292-3092
Assistant Professor of Finance    FAX: (614) 292-2418
Fisher College of Business
the Ohio State University