contour plot of irregularly spaced data

From: Don Fisher
Subject: contour plot of irregularly spaced data
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:08:09 -0700

How does one form a regular two dimensional grid from
irregularly spaced data points?  The Matlab book says "If X
or Y is irregularly spaced, contour calculates contours
using a regularly spaced contour grid, then transforms the
data to X or Y", but I do not know how to accomplish this.

I would like to convert/interpolate the irregularly spaced
data samples to a grid and then contour that data.  Any code
fragments or pointers would be appreciated.

thanks
don
|    Don Fisher                           address@hidden  |
|    MMT Observatory                      VOICE: (520)621-7647    |
|    University of Arizona                FAX:   (520)670-5740

|    Tucson, AZ  85721                                            |