Re: PLplot package (more specifics)

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: PLplot package (more specifics)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:24:51 +0100

Mike Blatchley wrote:

> Regarding my problem with PLplot posted yesterday,
>
> >  Same thing happens with:
> >  octave:1> grid   (or plot([1:10],[1:10]), etc.)
> >  X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> > denied)
> >    Major opcode of failed request:  89 (X_StoreColors)
> >    Serial number of failed request:  47
> >    Current serial number in output stream:  62
>
> I traced the offending statements down to 2 in pldef.m
>
>   plscol0(15,0,0,0);
>   plscol0(0,255,255,255);

As I suspected.

> If I comment these out, I get my plot.  However, if I move a window over
> the plot, any area of the plot that the window passed over is "erased."
> Is this just a problem with plplot, or do I still have some underlying
> problem.

This is again (I guess) a problem of the xserver or window manager that
 you are using. The xserver or window manager should use "backing
store". Of course, the application should also deal with that, but
I can not help any more, at the moment. Try commenting, again in
pldef.m,

plSetOpt("db", "");
plSetOpt("nopixmap", "");

--
Joao Cardoso, INESC  |  e-mail:
R. Jose Falcao 110   |  tel:    + 351 2 2094345