Re: Announce: New graphics package, PLplot_octave

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Announce: New graphics package, PLplot_octave
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 19:56:54 +0100

(Ted Harding) wrote:

> On 06-Apr-98 Joao Cardoso wrote:
> > This mean that you have not configured Tk, otherwise a libplplotdtk.xx
> > should appear.
>
> I used the "configure" command in the INSTALL file, namely
>
>         ./configure --with-gcc=yes --enable-f77=no --enable-cxx=no \
>         --with-double --with-shlib --disable-itcl --disable-dp \
>         --x-includes=/usr/include --x-libraries=/usr/lib

I began realizing that distributing software is at least as difficult
as writing it. Thanks once again for Octave, John Eaton.

The last ammendment to plplot_octave FGA:

8-I have tested plplot_octave in SCO-3.2v5.0.4 with egcs and in Debian
Linux
with gcc-2.7.2.3

9-In the plplot_octave INSTALL file I suggest using

        --x-includes=/usr/include --x-libraries=/usr/lib

as options to configure in the plplot distribution. Of course these are
system dependent, and probably you should not specify them. `configure'
can find yours X include and libraries,  and you should only specify
yours own if you don't agree with `configure' guessed ones.

Thanks,
Joao

--
Joao Cardoso                    |       e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110       |       tel:    + 351 2 2094345