checking time stamp.

From: ali
Subject: checking time stamp.
Date: 1 Jan 1998 23:43:23 -0000

Hi. I would like to propose a criterion for having octave check the time
stamp on function files less regularly. I find it a hassle to have to
change the value of ignore_function_time_stamp every time I start a largish
job.
Instead, I'm wondering if it would be possible for Octave to only check
the time stamp of a function file only if the octave prompt has appeared
since the last time the time stamp was checked. This is sort of a heuristic
hack, but I think it would not be so bad to have it enabled depending on the
value of ignore_function_time_stamp.

Any comments?
 Ali.

PS: Even if I set ignore_function_time_stamp="all", there are still some
    disk accesses from octave (I can see nfsd on the server taking up more
    CPU time). Could someone explain what's happening there?