Re: Octave C++ libs ported to Borland C++ for OS/2

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: Octave C++ libs ported to Borland C++ for OS/2
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:19:59 +0000 (GMT)

( Re Message From: Jim Van Zandt )
> Wonkoo Kim writes:
> >It's nice to know.  Though this is not a C forum:
> >Can I convert a complex data to its complex conjugate with a builtin
> >keyword?  Where can I find more about complex data type?
>
> This is the first I've seen of them too.
>
> I grabbed this from the .info file on gcc:
>
> Complex Numbers
> ===============
>
>    GNU C supports complex data types.  You can declare both complex
> integer types and complex floating types, using the keyword
> `__complex__'.
>
> [etc]

I have been picking up messages elsewhere to the effect that

a) gcc __complex__ support "is broken" -- people are saying that whereas
   the basic arithmetic operations seem to work OK, complex functions do
   not work;

b) g++ does not support __complex__;

c) All this is causing serious problems for people who use g77 (which relies
   on the gcc __complex__ support);

d) The gcc maintainers are working on it but there's no completion date as
   yet.

For what it's worth ...

Ted.                                    (address@hidden)