gcc __complex__ data types

From: Wonkoo Kim
Subject: gcc __complex__ data types
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 22:31:05 -0500

> Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 20:01:00 -0500
> From: "Jim Van Zandt" <address@hidden>
> To: "Wonkoo Kim" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Octave C++ libs ported to Borland C++ for OS/2
>
> Wonkoo Kim writes:
> >It's nice to know.  Though this is not a C forum:
> >Can I convert a complex data to its complex conjugate with a builtin
> >keyword?  Where can I find more about complex data type?
>
> This is the first I've seen of them too.
>
> I grabbed this from the .info file on gcc:

Thanks for your information.

As Rick Niles (address@hidden) posted:

>I'm a g77 alpha tester and the offical word is complex numbers in GCC
>are way broken and will remain so for sometime to come.  In has really
>messed up g77 which currently relies on GCC for complex numbers.
>
>       Rick Niles.

I don't know what was broken in gcc's complex data support.  I played a
bit. It looks like normal operators are okay but not for math functions.
Is this the reason why gcc's __complex__ data support is considered a
way of broken?  Do you know a bit more detail about what are "broken"?

Thanks.

// Wonkoo Kim
// address@hidden