Re: BAR not Matlab 4+ compatible

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: BAR not Matlab 4+ compatible
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 13:14:57 -0500

Ted Harding <address@hidden> wrote:

: This is not how Matlab USED to do it

Yes, that's not how I remembered it working when I implemented bar()
for Octave (based on looking at how bar worked when I ran it, and by
reading the description of what it was supposed to do, but *not* by
reading the code).  In doing that, I also noticed some very strange
behavior when the values were not in ascending order, and my version
goes to great lengths to avoid such problems.  It may be a bit slower,
but I think it does the right thing in more cases.

: (see bar.m from MatLab, vintage 1988, below).

Please don't post code that has a MathWorks Copyright to this list.

Thanks,

jwe