special functions

From: Antonio Bouzas
Subject: special functions
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 10:14:11 -0600

Hi,

I just installed Octave on Linux, and apparently everything works
fine.  The configuration and make files made compilation and
installation trivial, just had to type "config, make, make install"
and that was it.  Great.

This is probably the most FA of all Qs.  I would like to have more
support for special functions.  First of all, the functions that *are*
there (gamma, beta, erf, lgamma) don't work on my machine (i586).  I
just get the error message "gamma/erf function not available on this
system".  Is that an installation problem?  Is it possible to fix it?

On the other hand, is it possible at all to add more functions to the
library (Bessel, Hypergeometric (confluent and not), Laguerre and
Legendre, Weber, etc. etc. etc.?  Perhaps stealing the source code
from other libraries (e.g., CERN)?

Thanks for any help,
Antonio O. Bouzas
address@hidden