Re: Dynamically linked C and Fortran Functions

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: Dynamically linked C and Fortran Functions
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 95 10:21:12 CST

irc <address@hidden> wrote:

: We have a copy of 'octave1.0' running on HP700's and have found it to be
: a good alternative to MATLAB. Interest has been shown in writing functions
: in C or Fortran. I see that you may be working on this from the following
: extract from file 'PROJECTS'
:
:   * Allow functions to be loaded dynamically, and allow linking of
:     user functions written in C++, C or Fortran.  Some work has been
:     done to use dld for this, but other methods would be considered
:     if a consistent interface can be designed.
:
: Could you indicate when this facility would become available.

This will work (with a few limitations) in 1.1.  I hope that it will
be fully functional and work on more platforms in 1.2.

I expect that 1.1 will be released very soon (I know I have said that
before, but this time I really mean it! :-)

: Also is there any plan to provide a GUI like 'Simulink'

I don't have any plans to do this myself.  If someone is interested in
working on something like this, please contact me.

Thanks,

jwe