Re: help with load command

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: help with load command
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 08:20:09 CDT

#I trust that this is appropriate place to ask
#stupid questions about octave.
#
#The load command.
#In matlab I can read a list of numbers in a file test.dat
#by typing
#   load test.dat
#The list gets placed in a variable test
#
#This does not seem to work in the version of octave I am running
#(octave-0.74).  Should it?  Or do I have to write a C-style
#function to do this?
#
#Thanks, Charles Hannah
address@hidden
#

the current octave (version 1.0) will load only files which are in
octave format (its a text file with header describing the type and size
of data).

if you wish, you can write a script using low level file i/o (fscanf())
to do the job for load function of matlab, so that you can read a
general text file atleast. currently its not easily possible to
read a binary data though.

i think this will be fixed in version 2.0.

-vinayak-