problem installing on SGI

From: Neal S. Holter
Subject: problem installing on SGI
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 12:22 EST

Hi,
  I am attempting to build octave-1.0 on a SGI 4D/70 machine under
IRIX 4.0.5.  I have successfully (I think) installed GNU make and
the latest GNU C++ compiler and libg++.  The make fails on the
file octave.cc with the errors:

octave.cc: In function `int main(int, char **)':
octave.cc:523: initialization between incompatible pointer types
octave.cc:534: incompatible pointer types for argument 2 of
`void (* signal(int, void (*)(int ...)))(int ...)'

In the file INSTALL.OCTAVE and BUGS, it is stated that on some systems proper
prototypes and macros need to be added to signal.h.  Is this one of the
systems with that problem, and if so, what are the changes that need to
be made.
                                          Thanks,
                                            Neal Holter
                                            address@hidden