Re: Multiple Types of Pattern Matching in Make

From: Kaz Kylheku (gmake)
Subject: Re: Multiple Types of Pattern Matching in Make
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:13:05 -0700

On 2019-09-26 07:50, Rahul Rameshbabu wrote:
Let's say I write the following Makefile target as an example.

%dependencies.out: %dependencies.config
# Recipe would be here to create the target from the config...

In this case, I think we could work around it like this:

%ependencies.out: %ependencies.config

Thus the "d" is just part of the variant prefix of the instances;
it just so happens that all such prefixes end in a "d".

Hey, this is no worse than calling a GNU library "iberty" so that
it can be linked with -liberty on the compiler command line. :)