Re: problems running certain utilities via makefile (Win32)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: problems running certain utilities via makefile (Win32)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 21:17:39 +0200

> From: Paul Smith <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 13:45:26 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 10:13 -0800, Gorlash wrote:
> > BTW, the sh.exe that make is picking up, is in \git\bin; I cannot
> > really delete that, since git uses it for other purposes.
>
> FWIW, the way I have dealt with this in the past is to put the \git\cmd
> directory on Windows PATH, NOT \git\bin.

Granted.  Me, I don't even put the git\cmd directory on my Windows
PATH, I always invoke Git from a separate shell session that runs
Bash.  (If I need to invoke Git from a cmd window or a native Windows
program, I have a git.cmd batch file in my system-wide bin directory,
and that batch file knows how to find Git.)  This arrangement keeps me
sane.

> Eli will have to comment about tricks to use with make SHELL to get
> what you want, if possible.

Yes, SHELL=cmd.exe should be one solution.