Re: problems running certain utilities via makefile (Win32)

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: problems running certain utilities via makefile (Win32)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 13:45:26 -0500

On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 10:13 -0800, Gorlash wrote:
> BTW, the sh.exe that make is picking up, is in \git\bin; I cannot
> really delete that, since git uses it for other purposes.

FWIW, the way I have dealt with this in the past is to put the \git\cmd
directory on Windows PATH, NOT \git\bin.  The \git\cmd directory
contains ONLY git.exe (and a few small extras) and not the entire suite
of UNIX command line tools that come with Git for Windows.

That might not be good enough if you use other tools from \git\bin of
course.  Eli will have to comment about tricks to use with make SHELL to
get what you want, if possible.