RE: "partially terminal" rule?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: "partially terminal" rule?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:38:33 -0800

>Can you elaborate?
>So all you have to do to get the above behavior, is just not
define a rule to build those prerequisites.

Right! That is my problem you see... I have a rule to apply to prerequisites, I
have to have it for other purposes.

So:

Target%: prerequisite0% prerequisite1%
        <recipe>

prerequisite0%: ...
        <recipe>

prerequisite1%:
        <recipe>

I need all these things, yet, I want the rule for target% to only apply if
prerequisite0% actually exists.  I do not want to chain with the rule for
prerequisite0%, I do want to chain with the rule for prerequisite1%.

If I put target%:, I chain with both.  If I put target%::, I chain with none.
I want to chain with exactly one of them.

Mark