Two Level Assignment

From: Ajay Jain
Subject: Two Level Assignment
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 05:10:18 +0530

Hello,

I would llike to accomplish the following:

INFO=4
LOG_LEVEL=INFO

Using the single variable - LOG_LEVEL, I want to get INFO and 4 in two
situations:

1. When I print in a Makefile rule, I need to print INFO. This can be
easily done by using echo $LOG_LEVEL (which evaluates to INFO.

2. When I need to update CFLAGS, I need to give CFLAGS+=-DLOG_LEVEL=4. I
fail to do this. I tried using eval etc. but could not achieve. Can
somebody suggest?

Regards.