Re: Recompile files for different parameters

From: Matthias Fechner
Subject: Re: Recompile files for different parameters
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:26:44 +0100

On 09.03.11 16:34, Krzysztof Cieniuch wrote:
The first problem with your makefile is that you cannot use automatic
variable ($@) in prerequisite list unless you turn on
second expansion (I don't use that feature so do not know much about it
but use in sample below :-))).

thanks your example it helped me to understand some basic rules.
I have now a very nice Makefile ready which rebuilds .c files if required .h files are changed.
And also rebuild if the CFLAGS are changed so it does exactly what I need.
I attached my short short example so anyone how has the same problem can use it as a template.

Bye,
Matthias

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- Rich Cook