Re: Macros

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Macros
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 07:55:39 -0400

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 10:59 +0300, Vad N wrote:

> I try to run my makefile, but following error occurred
>
> >>make -f myMakefile
>
> "m2", line 1: Need an operator
> "m2", line 2: Need an operator
> "m2", line 3: need  an operator
> make: fatal error encountered --cannot continue
>
> My makefile is:
>
> define
>  @echo 1
> endef
>

> How to fix the problem?

The makefile you have requires GNU make, based on the "define / endef"
syntax.

But, the make you're running is not GNU make; GNU make never prints any
error message such as the ones you've listed here.

Therefore, you'll need to install and run GNU make to fix your problem,
or else rewrite the makefile to be more portable.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us