Re: Finding Circular Dependencies

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Finding Circular Dependencies
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:25:31 -0500

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 22:04 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> But Make does construct _all_ of the graphs in memory, doesn't it?  It
> doesn't construct only those graphs it needs to work with, given the
> target(s), right?

Yes, but only for EXPLICIT rules (here I'm counting static pattern rules
as explicit rules).

Implicit rules such as pattern rules and suffix rules are computed at
runtime, as needed.

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist