Re: GMAKE 3.81 versus 3.80

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GMAKE 3.81 versus 3.80
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:07:54 +0300

> From: Bhaskar G <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:46:51 +0530
>
> gmake 3.81 compiled on windows v/s gmake 3.80 compiler on windows

Compiled how? with what compile-time options (look near the end of
config.h.W32 in the source distribution)?

> I have one problem using gmake 3.81. I have a compiler command line which
> is very big.
>
> I dont get any error if I run the command as is. If I try to store this
> command by doing an echo and redirecting it to a filename
> then i get any error something like:
> Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> gmake.exe: *** <filename>
>
> The same code works fine if I run gmake 3.80 built for windows.

It's very hard to help you without seeing a complete test case that is
short enough to be able to try it on my machine.  In particular, how
long (how many characters) is your ``long'' command line? can you show
the exact command line itself?