Re: Moved sourcefiles and dependencies, automatic dependencies

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: Re: Moved sourcefiles and dependencies, automatic dependencies
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:28:06 +0200

Hi,

[for generating the dependencies]

> It there any reason you can't use the full path, or at least the path
> relative to the root of your project directory?

I also thought about the two possibilities:

1. have the same folder structure for the dependencies as for the sources

2. create the dependency names from the source names by replacing
   path separators with underscores.  This may result in long names.

With 1. i'd expect problems for the rule to create the dependencies like:

$(DEPENDS): depend_dir/%.d : %.c

I think this can't be written like this then, is that right?

Basically, for 2. i'd expect the same problem.

Is that correct?

Is there a workaround?

Is there a better way?

Thanks for any hints,