Re: Problem with parallel make

From: gmake
Subject: Re: Problem with parallel make
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:23:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% address@hidden writes:

 >> If you look in the index you'll find pointers to both the section
 >> "Instead of Executing the Commands" and "How the `MAKE' Variable Works",
 >> each of which contains a description.

 g> Ah, there's a brief mention there. I looked in the index for + and could
 g> not find anything except:

 g> * +, and define:                         Sequences.

There are two different indices in the manual; be sure you're looking at
the right one.  The Concept Index has:

 * +, and command execution:              Instead of Execution. (line  58)
 * +, and commands:                       MAKE Variable.        (line  18)

Not in version 3.79.1 documentation.

Line 18:

* %, quoting in static pattern:          Static Usage.

Line 58:

* --just-print <2>:                      Instead of Execution.

Thanks,
Lee