Problem with multiple threads need some advise

From: PATTON, BILLY \(SBCSI\)
Subject: Problem with multiple threads need some advise
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:32:02 -0500

I have to create dependencies for almost 11,000 files.
I have c,c++,pro-c, cobol, pro-cobol, rql and sql.  The
cobol and [sr]ql use a home grown script to trace down the dependencies.
But I use makedepend for the c,c++,pro-c.  It apparently opens the file
for writing.  Nothing else can get to it and I don't know how to make
it wait.  Running serially would take too long.

Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?