Re: improvements for parallel makes ?

From: Christophe LYON
Subject: Re: improvements for parallel makes ?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:33:51 +0200

Alexey Neyman wrote:

I'm fine with the delay, as I'm leaving tomorrow for a two-week-long vacation :) It was just that I was refreshing that patch to apply to the contemporary make sources and discovered the misbehavior I described. So, I have performed some investigation on how BSD implements .WAIT.

Does this mean that this misbehavior is linked to changes in make-3.81?
If it worked with GNU make 3.80, maybe your requirements are no so different from what GNU make 3.81 implements?

Christophe.