Re: Documentation

From: Nick Patavalis
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 04:20:43 +0200

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:18:43AM -0600, PATTON, BILLY (SBCSI) wrote:

> How do I convert any of the files :
> make-stds.texi  make.info-1     make.texi
> fdl.texi        make.info       make.info-2

The "texi2pdf" command will help you there. You will find it in any
decent Linux distribution.

> Also inside emacs how do I have it find the info in the docs directory?

Say "M-x info" to go to the top-level info directory (also "C-h i"
might do).

If you want to view a specific info file which is *not* linked from
the top-level info directory, say instead: "C-u M-x info" or "C-u C-h
i". Emacs will ask you for an info file.

Hope this helps
/npat

--
Nick Patavalis            address@hidden