Re: Documentation

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:32:57 -0500

%% "PATTON, BILLY \(SBCSI\)" <address@hidden> writes:

  pb> I have pulled 3.81rc2 and compiled and am using as we speak.
  pb> I need to print the documentation in the doc directory.

Run "make dvi" to generate a DVI version of the manual.

Run "make ps" to generate a PostScript version of the manual.

Run "make pdf" to generate a PDF version of the manual.

Obviously you'll need various extra tools installed on your system for
this to work.

  pb> Also inside emacs how do I have it find the info in the docs directory?

You can specify a path when you use "g", or you can set your
Info-default-directory (or something, I forget the exact variable name).
I think you can even do it through Customize now, so it's super-simple.

Anyway, the Emacs manual will tell you all about this.