Re: Macro/Template for Code Compilation

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: Macro/Template for Code Compilation
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 02:47:30 +0000

On 2006-3-16 23:31 UTC, William Ahern wrote:
> Does anybody have a macro or template that does code testing?
> I.e., for header detection, etc?

I'm not sure what "header detection" means--for instance, are
you looking for code that sees 'fprintf' and then checks for
'#include <stdio.h>'? I use a rule with a command like this:
  gcc -x c -w -O0 -fsyntax-only $<
which wouldn't seem very useful for '.c' files that you're
going to compile anyway, but does tell me whether '.h' files
could stand alone.

It would help to have concrete descriptions of the kinds of
code testing you want to perform.