Re: Make Install

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Make Install
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:22:55 -0500

%% zak shapiro <address@hidden> writes:

  zs> Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I downloaded the
  zs> make-3.80.tar.gz file but I do not know where to place it on my
  zs> hard drive in order for it to take effect.

That file contains the source code to GNU make.  You have to uncompress
it with gunzip, then unpack it with tar, then configure and compile it.
Then you can install it.

Directions for configuration and compilation are contained with the
code; start with the README and INSTALL files.