RE: have a problem mixing Make and java.

From: Lawrence, Lynne
Subject: RE: have a problem mixing Make and java.
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:55:30 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: address@hidden
> [mailto:address@hidden
> On Behalf Of richard t
> Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 12:51 PM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: have a problem mixing Make and java.
>
> heres a minimal version of my make file
>
> src = ./src
> obj = ./obj
> ui_c = com/rich/tool/ui/MainPanel.class
> db_c= com/rich/tool/db/Connect.class \
>           com/rich/tool/db/User.class
> tl_c =  com/rich/tool/Tool.class

>From the looks of your rule below, it looks like you want the .class
files to end up under $(obj).  In this case, you should preface each
filename above with $(ojb) (ex. ui_c =
$(obj)/com/rich/tool/ui/MainPanel.class)

> classes = $(ui_c) $(db_c) $(tl_c)
>
> target: $(classes)
>        echo "done"
>
> $(classes) : $(subst .class,.java,$(subst
> $(obj),$(src),$(classes)))
>        javac $(JFLAGS) $(subst $(src)/,,$<)

If my assumption above is correct, try this (I have not actually run it
myself, but it should get you close):

$(classes): $(obj)/%.class: $(src)/%.java
        javac $(JFLAGS) -d $(obj) $<