Re: GNU make 3.79.1 help required .... -j option is ignored

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.79.1 help required .... -j option is ignored
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:25:35 -0500

%% amit kumar <address@hidden> writes:

  ak> I am GNU Make version 3.79.1 on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 machine and
  ak> wants to run make with -j option to allow execution of parallel
  ak> processes to reduce the build time for our product.

  ak> But I am getting the following warning. Can someone help me out.

  ak> make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option

This error message is never generated from GNU make.

Either you are not providing us with the exact error message you are
seeing, or you are not really using GNU make, or you are using a version
of GNU make that has some extra patches applied to it.