GNU make 3.79.1 help required .... -j option is ignored

From: amit kumar
Subject: GNU make 3.79.1 help required .... -j option is ignored
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 03:32:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am GNU Make version 3.79.1  on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 machine and wants to run make with -j option to allow execution of parallel processes to reduce the build time for our product.

But I am getting the following warning. Can someone help me out.

make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option

I have to ultimately use distcc(distributed C Compiler) utility and for that make has to be run with -j option to get better results.

Thanks in advance
Amit Kumar

Thanks & regards

Amit Kumar