Re: Static Pattern use of function in Prereq

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Static Pattern use of function in Prereq
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:16:51 -0500

%% Jaye Speaks <address@hidden> writes:

  js> One solution that I found that works (with help from Paul):

This is not a good solution, though.

  js> BUILDS := _CUST1 _CUST2 _CUST3 _CUST4
  js> SRCDIR := src

  js> SRCDIRFILES := $(wildcard $(SRCDIR)/*.htmlpp)

  js> .PHONY : all $(BUILDS)
  js> all : $(BUILDS)
  js> $(BUILDS) : $(SRCDIRFILES)
  js>     $(foreach F,$(SRCDIRFILES),$(PP) -D$@ $(F) > $(subst
  js> $(SRCDIR),$@,$(patsubst %.htmlpp,%.html,$(F)));)

This will rebuild every file if any file changes.  I don't believe
that's what you want... I'm assuming you want to rebuild only those
files that changed.

Heck, if that's all you want to do you might as well write a shell
script instead of using make :).