Re: Gnumake problem...Pls advise

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Gnumake problem...Pls advise
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:01:45 -0500

%% Rakesh Sabharwal <address@hidden> writes:

  rs> I am trying to install GNUMAKE on Windows 2000 Advance server
  rs> (after applying windows service pack2 and installing VC6(Service
  rs> pack 5 applied for MS Visual studio)) Unfortunately I am not able
  rs> to install GNUMAKE (Actually it installs GNUMAKE but does not
  rs> generate any file in WINREL directory, which are very important) I
  rs> am have checked the PATH as well.

GNU make is not really a Windows utility, and it surely will not create
any WINREL files (whatever those are...)

There is no real installation necessary: you just drop the make.exe
program wherever you want, and invoke it (it is not a graphical tool; it
is invoked from the command line).  It has no support files, nothing
like that (assuming it doesn't build for i18n on Windows, which I don't
think it does).  Just the one .exe.

Also, note that if you have further questions or comments you will
likely find an audience more knowledgeable about GNU make on Windows
platforms on the address@hidden mailing list.

HTH...

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/