help-libtasn1

"_t" type names

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: "_t" type names
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 02:16:44 +0700

[…]

 > -  ASN1_ARRAY_TYPE -> asn_static_node_t
 > -  ASN1_TYPE -> asn_node_t
 > +  ASN1_DATA_NODE -> asn1_data_node_st
 > +  ASN1_ARRAY_TYPE -> asn1_static_node_t
 > +  ASN1_TYPE -> asn1_node_t

        AIUI, the use of the “_t” type name suffix is generally
        discouraged (for names other than those of POSIX own types, and
        types provided by vendor-specific POSIX extensions; see below.)

        Given that the prefix those types bear makes a name clash
        somewhat unlikely (outside of the library, anyway), I'd suggest
        simply dropping “_t” altogether (thus: asn1_static_node,
        asn1_node, etc.)

        TIA.

--cut: http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/style/c.html --
    […] Also avoid using the _t suffix for any type; all types ending in
    _t are reserved by POSIX.  […]
--cut: http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/style/c.html --

--cut: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/xrat/V4_xsh_chap02.html
--
    The requirement that additional types defined in this section end in
    “_t” was prompted by the problem of name space pollution.  […] To
--cut: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/xrat/V4_xsh_chap02.html
--

[…]

--