help-libidn

Re: providing a libidn compatibility API

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: providing a libidn compatibility API
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 09:37:30 +0100

On Sat, 2017-01-28 at 18:44 +0100, Tim Rühsen wrote:

> > Great work. The current decode branch seems very good. Do you plan
> > add the idna_to_ascii functions as well?
>
> Yes, I am going to do that in the next days. Currently some kind of
> flue struck
> me and I am not in the mood to code :-(

I've added a new merge request adding an ABI check as part of the
CI/release process:
https://gitlab.com/jas/libidn2/merge_requests/5/

It currently checks for compatibility against libidn2 0.16. I wanted to
add at least version 0.11 but I was unable to compile from git that or
any previous version (something with gnulib).

regards,
Nikos