Re: "large" partitions support ?

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: Re: "large" partitions support ?
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:35:53 +0200

Wolfgang Jährling <wolfgang@pro-linux.de> wrote:
> In my understanding, this is done because this way the caching
> strategy (what to cache and also how much) can be done by someone
> else.

It came to my mind that a more important reason might be that when using
our own cache in the file systems, this cache is likely to be paged out,
which means that we have to page it in from swap just to page it out to
the store.

Ok, back to the stuff where I am actually able to do something useful. :)

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Jährling  <wolfgang@pro-linux.de>  \\  http://stdio.cjb.net/