Re: Guix + User Namespaces wrapper (UGuix)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Guix + User Namespaces wrapper (UGuix)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 15:21:54 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> writes:

> If I recall correctly, some contributors were discussing this feature
> some time ago on the mailing list.  (Was it with Ludo?)

It should already be possible to use “guix pack guix” (with a few extra
options) to generate a relocatable Guix with a daemon that can run as an
oblivious root inside the execution container.

The only missing bits then are to let the Guix command line tool talk to
the wrapped daemon, but perhaps that also works by setting the daemon
socket environment variable.

--
Ricardo