Re: guix system reconfigure compiles everything too long

From: znavko
Subject: Re: guix system reconfigure compiles everything too long
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:45:47 +0000

It compiles kernel too, while I just want to add LXDE.
The manual contains lot of guix features but just a few words about `guix
system reconfigure`. I think there could be options for speed up this process,
such as just add service without compilation of that you had before.
`guix pull ` takes not much time with my "clean" config. I cannot use (packages
(cons* lxde)) and other additions to config.scm until I know how configure DE
without recompile everything. I would better try install manually.
I understand now that developer has described all guix features one by one, but
has not presented it by system approach. Luckily I have found this
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/ . But where find powerful
pc?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.