Re: [Help-gsl] using individual functions of gsl

From: Bo Peng
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] using individual functions of gsl
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:57:12 -0500

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:58:59PM +0100, Brian Gough wrote:

> The sort of situation that I had in mind was where somebody wanted to
> take one or two rngs or distributions out of the complete set.  That
> way you can look in the appropriate function and see what the real
> dependencies are---usually relatively few.  It does require manual
> "pruning" inside files to do this.

I like the feature of easy-selection of tons of RNGs so I was including
all rng and some randist. It was the gamma distribution that caused most of
the problems since it calls many special functions. 'Manual pruning' of
individual files was exactly the things I would like to avoid...

Using doxygen, I generated the including/calling figures between all
files and functions. Using a piece of paper to track all involved files,
I finally get down to 20 or so additional files. This number would be
smaller if I prun the files but I am satisfied for now.

--
Bo Peng