Re: [Help-gsl] using individual functions of gsl

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] using individual functions of gsl
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:58:59 +0100

Bo Peng writes:
 > I first copied rng and randist directories as well as some general head
 > files. I was told that I need gamma in specfunc, I copied that over,
 > something else was missing..... I copied the whole specfunc directory
 > and many other things are missing.... It seems that I am copying the
 > whole source tree now!

The sort of situation that I had in mind was where somebody wanted to
take one or two rngs or distributions out of the complete set.  That
way you can look in the appropriate function and see what the real
dependencies are---usually relatively few.  It does require manual
"pruning" inside files to do this.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,