[Help-gsl] Question about the matrix format change in gsl_matrix

From: L Huang
Subject: [Help-gsl] Question about the matrix format change in gsl_matrix
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear GSLers:

I have some trouble to keep the original format of my matrix after using
gsl_matrix_fscanf and gsl_matrix_fprintf. Say I read a 3X3 matrix from a file
by using gsl_matrix_fscanf(fp, m), and write it back to another file with
gsl_matrix_fprintf(fp2, m,"%2g"). All the sudden, the original format (3 by 3
matrix) becomes 1 by 9 column vector in new file. Could anyone tell me what's
happening here? Is there a function for gsl_vector transposition (row vector to
column vector or vice versa). Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lei

Department of Bioengineering
University of Illinois at Chicago