Re: [Help-gsl] Blitz library and GSL

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Blitz library and GSL
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:12:52 +0100

Paul Schneider writes:
 > Since I will have to work with huge matrices and vectors I would like to
 > avoid copying as much as possible. Is there a better approach how to get
 > stuff into GSL than the above code?

Your method is correct, using gsl_vector_view_array is the most
efficient way.

 > Second question: What's the most efficient way of constructing a GSL
 > matrix out of raw C  vectors ?

If they are contiguous, use gsl_matrix_view_array.

See the "Vectors and Matrices" chapter in the GSL Reference Manual for
details of the memory layout used by the gsl_vector and gsl_matrix
structs and views.

--
Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)