Re: Change Full Disk Encryption Password Prompt Font and/or Background I

From: Cullen Ross
Subject: Re: Change Full Disk Encryption Password Prompt Font and/or Background Image (stage 1)?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 18:14:29 -0400

Well, it turns out your first link was incredibly helpful! I successfully
created an image that loads s background image as well as changes the font
during stage 1! For those who also like to obsessively theme every nook and
cranny of their setup, here's my early-grub.cfg:
```
set root=(memdisk)
set prefix=($root)/

set gfxmode=1920x1080,auto
set locale_dir=$prefix/locale
set lang=en_US

terminal_output gfxterm
background_image -m stretch /grub.png
loadfont /tewii.pf2

cryptomount -u 61bdd40e7988423a934d009099dec298
set root='cryptouuid/61bdd40e7988423a934d009099dec298'
set prefix=($root)/@/boot/grub

configfile grub.cfg
```
The `memdisk.tar` was created by issuing `tar cf grub.png tewii.pf2` and
the final `grub-mkimage` command was:
```
grub-mkimage -c early-grub.cfg -o grubx64.efi -O x86_64-efi -m memdisk.tar
part_gpt cryptodisk luks gcry_rijndael gcry_rijndael gcry_sha256 btrfs
memdisk tar all_video efi_gop efi_uga video_bochs video_cirrus gfxterm
video font gfxterm_background video_colors bitmap_scale extcmd png bufio
bitmap gettext configfile
```
Of course, your modules might be a little different for your setup so be
sure to follow the first part of the arch wiki section.

Thank you so much Hans!! I seriously thought it was impossible to do this
for a LONG time!

Best,
Cullen