Re: getting grub's view of disk geometry from "grub rescue>" prompt?

From: Nathan Stratton Treadway
Subject: Re: getting grub's view of disk geometry from "grub rescue>" prompt?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:46:25 -0400

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 00:15:58 +0100, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> You are misinterpreting what I wrote. It is about the starting
> position, not the size. If the partition starting at X% of the disk

Ah, yes, sorry, I did miss that detail; makes sense now.  Seems like a
lot of effort when grub must already know the threshold number... but
definitely an approach we'll keep in mind if we don't find a simpler
solution.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  address@hidden  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239